S52 with Ebay headers 2 to 1 system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 with Ebay headers 2 to 1 system...

OK I've finally got the system figured out after a few weeks of looking for parts and measuring the space needed to do what I wanted. I decided to use 2" pipes into a dual 2" to single 2.5" converter.

I bought 2 2" 45 degree mandrel bent sections and 2 2" to 2.5" 45 degree bent sections from JC Whitney for less than $50.

I ended up using 1 of the slip pipe adapters that came with the headers. I used the provided slip fit adapter on the larger of the header end, the 2" pipes slip right into it and bought a 1.75 ID to 2" ID slip fit adapter to fit the other header to the 2" pipe. I'll use clamps to secure these to the header and seal them, along with clamps onto the pipes coming out of them. This way I can remove the system if needed.

I had to trim the ends of the pipes to get them positioned properly to allow the dual 2" to single 2.5" converter to sit in the approximate location of the stock converter. I fitted it all together this morning, wired it in place to get the approximate positions correct before I tack weld the joints. After I make a hanger for the front of the system I'll drive it to the muffler shop to have the joints fully welded.

I'm using a Catco converter and a Magnaflow 4" round x 18" long resonator for the front parts and a Magnaflow 4x9 oval, 18" long muffler in the rear location.

So far cost of the parts is around $200...

Post a sound clip when you're done, I'm interested to hear how it sounds.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

pics?

Comment

Don't know how to post the pics...I can email them for someone to post...

Taking the front muffler to be welded to the front half of the system tomorrow. Adding the V-band clamp on end of first muffler.

I did mash both ends of the front muffler to gain some more clearance to the heat shield for the gas tank. Doesn't look like it will hang down too far...

Should be able to drive it to the muffler shop after this to get the rear muffler attached.

Comment

you can email them to me - i'll post them

Comment

pics?

Comment

Well the Magnaflow muffler idea for the mid muffler didn't work. I tried to mash the end cap to gain clearance but it just didn't work...

So I used my Skorpion muffler with no mid muffler and it sounds just fine. I had the single outlet from the cat made into a 2 pipe and that hooked up to the supplied 2 pipe into the Skorpion. Not the prettiest exhaust system, and a little lower than I like, but it sounds fine and doesn't leak.

I might try to pull it up about an inch or so, but not ready to get back underneath the car yet.

Comment

Working...
              X