Need a new exhaust, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new exhaust, suggestions?

My exhaust is rusting pretty badly and the paint is peeling off a lot.
    Although it doesn't sound all that bad, I'd rather get something that doesn't look like shit, as it kind of drags down the look of the car...

I was thinking of either Scorpion(from bavauto) or Stromung(from understeer)...

The problem the Scorpion is I don't really like the tips; they stick out a little too far, and I don't like the perforated metal inside.(I don't know what it's called..)
    I was looking at the oval tip, and wondering how that would look on the e30, but I know I'll probably get flamed for getting it -- still contemplating it though.

The Stromung exhaust is really nice, I've heard great things about it! Sadly, it's a little on the pricey side, and since understeer doesn't really carry them anymore, they'd have to make one for me...which would take long, again not to mention how expensive it would be..

Ideally, I'm looking for a deep, German tone; something that doesn't drone too much. It doesn't have to be too loud, nothing like the TriFlo, I don't wan to be attracting cops everywhere I go.

Suggestions?

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

anyone?

you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

What about IE? I'm going to get one in the next couple of weeks.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

How about supersprint?
        sigpic

Comment

I'd suggest supersprint all the way. Remus also has a good tone, but its pretty loud. I am not a fan of the IE part. Too raspy for me.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I'm trying to deviate away from IE; I've heard too many mixed reviews.
            I also hear Remus is synonymous with rust..

Comment

I would say a magnaflow is a good sounding muffler.

SuperSprint is always one of the best brands but also the most expensive.

But, you get what you pay for. Supersprint is Top of the line

Comment

The Scorpion is reasonably loud but doesn't drone at all, in fact its quiet inside the cabin. The sounds is shrill and metallic.

The tips stick out perfectly IMO, the dual rolled tips arent even noticeable

oval tips would look good on certain cars, depends on the style. theyd go good with 5 spoke rims

Comment

i agree with borla if ur on a tight budget im going to weld one on soon cause i have 2 1/2in strait pipe all the way with i glass pack it sounds really good but really really loud
                  sigpic

Comment

Alright, I have the option of buying either a Supersprint or Scorpion for the same price (calculated shipping, exchange rate, etc.)

Which should I go for, and why?

Comment

there are25 dollar DTM mufflers which you can cut the tip off of for a better look. Assume that the rest you can get another resonator to keep the sound down.

not sure the cheap DTM mufflers sound good, or perform well though.
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                        there are25 dollar DTM mufflers which you can cut the tip off of for a better look. Assume that the rest you can get another resonator to keep the sound down.

not sure the cheap DTM mufflers sound good, or perform well though.
                        Why would I do that..?

Comment

Supersprint is supposedly higher quality than Scorpion but too quiet. Scorpion is nice and loud. I got mine for $400 from Bavauto, I remember Supersprint being more around $600

Comment

Yeah but I can get a Supersprint for $591 CDN shipped from within Canada, whereas the Scorpion is $400 USD, which I'll also have to pay duties/customs fees/taxes on.

EDIT: They both come out to about the same price..

Comment

Where in Canada are you getting the Supersprint?

Comment

Working...
                              X