Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is louder? Magnaflow cat - 14815 OR Muffler delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is louder? Magnaflow cat - 14815 OR Muffler delete?

I have been in such a mental dilemma about my exhaust lately... Long story short, my exhaust was always rusty and loud. There was a lot of construction at one point and a brutal drop/lip that I would have to hit. After a while, it broke my exhaust mount and broke my exhaust after the cat. Right under the axle. I loved how loud it was and would have kept it that way, but I hate the look of not having the 14815, or any lack of muffler. As well as the butt dyno was not happy.

I fixed my exhaust, new pipping and now it is way too quiet. During the repair, I needed to go to work and had to let the 30 sit. I took the exhaust off my other e30, full straight pipe. Wayyyy too loud for a daily. I do have a video... lol. So I hope a high-flow isn't as loud as that?

So which would be louder? I am looking for muffler delete loud or quieter. I have been thinking about getting the high flow cat and have it go to the 14815, but I read too many threads where people were saying they were adding in other mufflers and resonators and all kinds of things.

Drone really doesn't bother me (yet), but too loud does. I HATE having ears ringing.

Also I have a 1990 315i with the big cat/res combo.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

i have couple videos on YouTube with a magnaflow muffler with straight piping
    E30 m20 motor, straight 3inch exhaust, no cat, into magnaflow muffler, ie cams, 19lbs, headers, UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit , Miller MAF,
    [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Originally posted by TURBOX View Post
      i have couple videos on YouTube with a magnaflow muffler with straight piping
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0f9FkFIiDo
      I'll check out the video when I am off work. Is it too loud? Leave the ears ringing?

*edit* That sounds amazing, I would like that! One of the best sounding 30s.
      Last edited by HerbE30; 10-10-2019, 03:54 AM.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post

I'll check out the video when I am off work. Is it too loud? Leave the ears ringing?

*edit* That sounds amazing, I would like that! One of the best sounding 30s.

Not loud enough for me, lol, but for the price i cant argue

Parts list:
        y pipe that make the 2 into 1
        then the Muffler
        and i have no catalytic converter its a straight pipe with ebay long tube headers

Also it think the Cam make it a lil more muscle car choppy on the idle
        [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Originally posted by TURBOX View Post

Not loud enough for me, lol, but for the price i cant argue

Parts list:
          y pipe that make the 2 into 1
          then the Muffler
          and i have no catalytic converter its a straight pipe with ebay long tube headers

Also it think the Cam make it a lil more muscle car choppy on the idle
          My car does the choppy noise only if i am in low attitude sea level city but i live in a 2600m high altitude city that choppy sound is gone unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
          X