PO cut off muffler - need recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PO cut off muffler - need recommendations

I'm currently in the process of swapping in an M42 and removing the old one, as the previous owner killed it. He also cut the muffler off at some point, and as it sits now the exhaust pipe ends just a bit ahead of the rear axle. I'm imagining this is going to both sound like ass and be way too loud, so I'm looking to fit a decent and not too expensive muffler in place of the old one.

Does anyone have a recommendation for what muffler I should get? I don't need anything crazy nice, just something that will quiet it down and sound alright without breaking the bank. Thanks.

Just get a stock rear section and bolt it on. You can go with whatever is cheaper as DIY is likely to be less expensive than an exhaust shop. Total cost would probably be in the 240 range if you factor in hangers.

Comment

The Dynomax Super Turbo sounds pretty good with an M42. There are several clips on YouTube if you want to hear what it sounds like.

Comment

Looks like I'll be going with the Super Turbo, as I can get it for decently cheap and it sounds decent from the clips I've heard. I can attach it to the rest of the exhaust myself, so no need for an exhaust shop, should be a fair bit cheaper than OEM I hope.

Comment

Working...
        X