Exhaust tips recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust tips recommendations?

My oem exhaust tips have just had it. I have a 91 325ic and looking to replace the tips. I want it oem as possible. What have you guys done? I'm wondering if a regular old muffler shop can just replace the tips?

As in rusted off at the muffler or just dinged/rusted? The former isn't a sensible fix, the latter can be done at any shop providing there is some good metal left on the tips.

Comment

e30 magnaflow 14815 is what i settled on
      [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        As in rusted off at the muffler or just dinged/rusted? The former isn't a sensible fix, the latter can be done at any shop providing there is some good metal left on the tips.
        Yeah it's just rusted and old looking. Structurally it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TURBOX View Post
          e30 magnaflow 14815 is what i settled on
          Did this change the sound though?

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post

Did this change the sound though?
            I'm running long tube Headers with no cat, and just the Muffler, oooh yeah the sound is noticeable (i even went back and removed the high flow cat cause it wasn't noticeable enough i originally left it in but decided it needed to go) now with the cams it sounds just that much nicer (with the chop chop)
            [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Working...
            X