325I Cat Back Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325I Cat Back Recomendations

Just picked up a 325i with an obnoxious Magnaflow muffler. Looking to do a cat-back. What I am looking for is something tasteful and not going to wake the entire neighborhood. Something that has no harmonics and is a bolt-on item. Any recommendations? Looking at the Ireland Engineering cat-back. Any others which sound great but don't sound like a trumpet?

Stromung. And there's a group buy going on right now. ;-)

Comment

Mike do you have one on your M42, I've read that people find them to drone quite a bit for a daily?

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
        Mike do you have one on your M42, I've read that people find them to drone quite a bit for a daily?
        I've had one on my M42 a little over a year and a half. I love it. I recently went on a 270+ mile club tour with my daughter. About an 11 hour day, most of it in the car. We held conversations at normal speaking levels (not speaking up over the exhaust). No headaches at the end of the day from a droning exhaust either. I've been there and done that with other cars/exhausts, so I know how that can be.

Just a heads up, but the M20 exhaust is going to be different than the M42 (dual pipe vs. single). I've heard two M20 E30s with Stromungs in person and both sounded nice, though I can't comment on interior noise/sound for those.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

I've had one on my M42 a little over a year and a half. I love it. I recently went on a 270+ mile club tour with my daughter. About an 11 hour day, most of it in the car. We held conversations at normal speaking levels (not speaking up over the exhaust). No headaches at the end of the day from a droning exhaust either. I've been there and done that with other cars/exhausts, so I know how that can be.

Just a heads up, but the M20 exhaust is going to be different than the M42 (dual pipe vs. single). I've heard two M20 E30s with Stromungs in person and both sounded nice, though I can't comment on interior noise/sound for those.
          How was the install of it, direct fit or needed some finagling?

Also sorry for the thread steal.

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post

How was the install of it, direct fit or needed some finagling?

Also sorry for the thread steal.
            The install was a breeze. No issues. Posted about it here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...&postcount=402

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
              Stromung. And there's a group buy going on right now. ;-)
              Could you point me to the group buy? If I can get one up here in the frozen north of Canada that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JehTehsus View Post

Could you point me to the group buy? If I can get one up here in the frozen north of Canada that would be awesome
                Stan has run the last 2 or 3 group buys. I ran the one before that. His latest is here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...17#post9957393

Comment

Schmiedmann sells the Euro 325i catless exhaust. That will probably be you’re best bet in terms of quality if you’re looking to go catless. You could give that a shot. From a email conversation I had with one of their personnel, the front pipes are OEM BMW, the rear silencer is made by Walker, and the midsection is on backorder. It ships from Denmark so might take a couple months to get over to you if you’re US-based.

Link: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...roduct=325UDST
                  1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                  1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
                    Schmiedmann sells the Euro 325i catless exhaust. That will probably be you’re best bet in terms of quality if you’re looking to go catless. You could give that a shot. From a email conversation I had with one of their personnel, the front pipes are OEM BMW, the rear silencer is made by Walker, and the midsection is on backorder. It ships from Denmark so might take a couple months to get over to you if you’re US-based.

u might even check Fritz Bits in the UK

Comment

Update. I picked up an Ireland Engineering exhaust today. It's on my way home and is the right price.

Comment

anyone know what the front pipe part numbers are?

Comment

Well it seems that exhaust package from Schmeidmann is now unavailable as the link is inop.
                          Probably because the front section was never sourced from their original supplier.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                          X