Engine vibrates/shudders when hitting boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine vibrates/shudders when hitting boost

I recently had an issue with my turbo m20. Whenever the boost gauge crosses from vacuum into boost (under load) it shakes the engine/car pretty harshly. If I accelerate smoothly at 30-40% throttle through the entire RPM gauge (in vacuum) no issues, however, the second it crosses atmospheric and goes into boost even slightly, the engine vibrates.

This happened after I replaced my C191 connector (fuel injector connector). I checked my TB, BOV, and all vacuum lines that I removed to get to the harness. Nothing looked ‘off’. I replaced my spark plugs with a fresh pair thinking it was an ignition issue, but nothing changed the symptoms. My car does idle smoother though :)

Any ideas guys. I’m kinda lost with what else it could be. Clutch maybe?

Driveshaft center bearing maybe? That tends to vibrate/shudder/knock, usually only when the engine is under load (accelerating from a stop, etc.) Doesn't have to necessarily only be under boost, but I bet it would show up first under boost.

Is it worse in first gear? or does it not really matter?

Comment

The gear doesn’t matter. It’ll happen in all of them if the engine goes into boost.

Comment

Log your ecu you may need tuning or your map sensor is acting.

Comment

Working...
        X