IE turbo kit vs home made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE turbo kit vs home made

This is the IE stage 1 turbo kit, pretty simple, low boost, but expensive.

click on e30, engine perform, page 2, (sorry link wouldn't go straight to it)
    Couldn't a low boost set up be achieved for much less, getting parts off ebay, not the 'ebay kit', but all the parts minus down pipe and software, maybe the turbo from a yard?

Who has used diesel truck turbos or other yard turbos with success? and what were the donor cars or trucks?

Does everyone go with mega squirt or could a low boost system be run with a 'war' chip? I want more power from my m20 and it only has 112k so i feel it would be wrong to swap and better to turbo it. Just looking for more fun on the street, not high boost crazy power, and obviously I am in the process of learning and this would be a first for me.
    Originally posted by b3albakii
    the head was okey .. and in a good mood
    no i didnt over heat it so much
    www.blunttech.com

Search.

Comment

good one
      www.blunttech.com

Comment

That's a lot of dough for a kit with no ems or ic. One could build a better kit for less with some patience prudence and luck. The kit is TCD so it isn't an IE kit which is a good thing, I wouldn't trust an IE kit to get me out of the driveway.

Comment

yes you can peice a kit for cheaper , and yes you can get a mark d chip for boost , and yes it will work , and yes you have to know what you are doing to set it up right and not blow the motor even on low boost.
          sigpic
          mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

My take on the whole business:

By the way, as mentioned earlier, the "IE" kit is just a turbochargingdynamics kit (TCD kit). So just search for TCD for more info.

'88 325is
            VP UT of Austin Autoholics
            BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Thanks, I like this link http://www.dedericmotorsports.com/Products.html from the other budget tubro thread.
              Anyone used this or know someone who has?
              Im just doing research as I wouldn't be able to dive into this til next winter when i have another car.
              www.blunttech.com

Comment

Even Miller has a turbo kit now, which is 1000000x better than this and for the same price.

Originally posted by Janderson
                you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
                  My take on the whole business:

By the way, as mentioned earlier, the "IE" kit is just a turbochargingdynamics kit (TCD kit). So just search for TCD for more info.
                  THANK YOU FOR THAT WRITE UP! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Comment

Originally posted by foofopps View Post
                    Thanks, I like this link http://www.dedericmotorsports.com/Products.html from the other budget tubro thread.
                    Anyone used this or know someone who has?
                    Im just doing research as I wouldn't be able to dive into this til next winter when i have another car.
                    I've seen that guys kits in action. VERY VERY impressive. The guy does great work. Sometimes takes his time getting the kits put together, but hes a perfectionist and will do quality work for you.
                    R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

Working...
                    X