Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M50 Turbo manifold

Hey,

Has anyone had success with using a Ebay M50 turbo Manifold on the E30. I know Otis makes a manifold but I don't have 700$ kicking around. I saw Yoshi's and his housing hit the valve cover. Are the Ebay manifolds meant to be bottom mount?

Thanks

Sam
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

yes they are meant to be bottom mount. even modded to be top mount, mine has cracked 3 times. Don't go ebay. shits too thin and shitty.

Comment

So why don't they clear as bottom mount? And has anyone tried the OBX ones?
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

allegedly the SPA ones will clear as a bottom mount. depends on what turbo you are using too. Much less room on the bottom of an E30. My ebay bottom mount and HX35 wouldn't clear as a bottom setup.

Comment

I have a HY35. I'll figure a way to make it fit top mount.
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Theres a GB on top mounts. save up. its the most important part of your setup. I regret my ebay shit so bad.

Comment

Yea, I know Otis has one going. If it was a couple months later I'd be in for sure, but I just can't afford it right now with Christmas coming.
              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I have a top mount M50 turbo mani Id be willing to sell.
                I modified the flange to clear the VC and Body. Let me know I will snap some photos for you later today.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                  I have a top mount M50 turbo mani Id be willing to sell.
                  I modified the flange to clear the VC and Body. Let me know I will snap some photos for you later today.

Can we see the pictures anyway?

Comment

+1 on the pics
                    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Can you post pictures.

I have an idea of what to do. Ebay manifold re-welded and buy 2 t3 flanges and make a 45 degree adaptor.
                      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Pics...

Comment

^ That beauty is mine now! :D

I'm going to go over all the welds and have it jet hot coated. Hopefully that will keep it from cracking. (fingers crossed)
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Jet hot isn't going to stop weak metal from cracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pudmunkie View Post
                              Jet hot isn't going to stop weak metal from cracking.
                              After looking into it further, I will probably just redo all the welds and create 1 or 2 support brackets for the turbo flange. The brackets will have rubber grommets, and will bolt on to the header flange. Hopefully this will help take some stress off the manifold, and absorb some of the vibration.

I just need the manifold to last atleast a year of abuse, then I will save up to buy the 666fab one.
                              Last edited by e30polak; 12-05-2009, 01:28 PM.
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X