.60 Hot side? or .42 hot side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.60 Hot side? or .42 hot side?

I`m, planning to install a new turbo in my engine, i had eta Shortblock and i Head, Motronic , and right now it has an .60 Hot side, .48 Cold side T3 Turbo, , S2.93 diff, feel like need more boost, but dont like Lag, i`m starting to pressure it at 3200rpm, need something better, i have an .53 Cold side ready to go!, but i dont know if i have to change my Hot side, what do you thing?, want to run 10psi with stock ECU, stock injectors, Stock MAF.

I`d change the diff, because with S3.73 there where no fun at all....

sorry my bad english.
    e30 325i 1988 track toy
    e30 M3 1989 M106 motronic swap (in process)
    e36 M3 1995 S50B30 turbo
    e38 750il M73N
    Toyota Tundra 2UZFE (workshop car)

BMV Motorsports Guatemala

you will want to run .60 hot side, and even that is to small. It will choke the power off right at 5900-6000 rpms.

Ideally for our engines we need a .82 hot side for full power potential. you want it to spool up faster use a dual ball bearing turbo with a cold side .48 for lower boost <10psi, .53 for higher boost >10psi.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Ok, what about an .60 on cold side? with an .53 hot side?
      e30 325i 1988 track toy
      e30 M3 1989 M106 motronic swap (in process)
      e36 M3 1995 S50B30 turbo
      e38 750il M73N
      Toyota Tundra 2UZFE (workshop car)

BMV Motorsports Guatemala

Comment

i have a .82 hot with a 60 cold and it feels good on 9 psi , it feels as if it wouldn't choke till 8 or 9 thousand rpm if i could rev that high .
        sigpic
        mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Would the T3 "Super 60" be any different?

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
            you will want to run .60 hot side, and even that is to small. It will choke the power off right at 5900-6000 rpms.

Ideally for our engines we need a .82 hot side for full power potential. you want it to spool up faster use a dual ball bearing turbo with a cold side .48 for lower boost <10psi, .53 for higher boost >10psi.
            I agree with this.

I was gonna run a twin scrool Holset HX40 on my M20 but never got all the way around it to.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
            X