Supercharging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharging?

I searched and there isn't much to read.

I can fabricate a bracket. I just have no idea what kind of supercharger to get, or where to get em, or what type to get TS, centrifugal, stuff like this...

Does e30tech have any more info on this type of stuff?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
    I searched and there isn't much to read.

I can fabricate a bracket. I just have no idea what kind of supercharger to get, or where to get em, or what type to get TS, centrifugal, stuff like this...

Does e30tech have any more info on this type of stuff?
    There's some info out there (some guy on e30tech had a nice set up from sweden). Depends on the use, for a daily driver most will say a twin screw. Its more then just fabricating a bracket. You need a wide band o2 sensor, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and some piggyback to retard ignition timing at a bare minimum. Full standalone engine management would be ideal. Like many people will tell you, supercharging is easy to install but difficult to master...so most people will tell you to just go turbo because it's better bang for your buck.

Comment

GrassRoots Motorsports did a supercharger install with an outfit in Atlanta (DASC, I believe).

We found this 1991 BMW 318is for sale. This little E30 BMW was last registered in 2008 and was brought to the yard with some undisclosed engine problems.

Comment

grrr, 6am server-maintenance-induced double-post.

Comment

Need a clean M90?

Comment

Working...
          X