M50B20 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50B20 turbo

I'm planning to turbo to M50B20 non vanos engine. My goal is somwhere 280-300bhp.
    Is B20 engine as strong as M50B25? I've heard that B25 can hold up to 400hp with correct tuning.
    Should I build M50B20 internals for 300hp?
    Is T3/T4 turbo good this engine?
    Should I drop down compression?

you need to drop compression to at least 9:1, but its recommended to do 8.5:1.

It is very highly recommended to build internals for the sake of engine life. Also finding the correct tuner who has much experience tuning these types of boosted engines.

t3/t4 turbo is a very broad range of turbo chargers. generally, yes, it will work, but you need to tell us more about the turbo you plan on using and your engine and what you plan on putting into it, if your head has any work done or will get any work done

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
      you need to drop compression to at least 9:1, but its recommended to do 8.5:1.

It is very highly recommended to build internals for the sake of engine life. Also finding the correct tuner who has much experience tuning these types of boosted engines.

t3/t4 turbo is a very broad range of turbo chargers. generally, yes, it will work, but you need to tell us more about the turbo you plan on using and your engine and what you plan on putting into it, if your head has any work done or will get any work done
      engine is full stock M50B20 only with M20B20 130mm rods, I hope to get 9:1 with them.
      there is no tuner in my country, no one can tune turbo cars here, i mean no one has needed experience, so the only correct tuner for my car is me!:D there is also no dyno here so my car will be street tuned.

there's no turbo parts shops here, so i just can't go and buy wastegate for example, I have to buy it from ebay and wait for 3-4 weeks to get it. So lets don't give a f**k here ;).

first of all i want to know how strong are M50 engines, and how many psi can I put in on stock engine with dropped to 9:1 compression?

Comment

Working...
      X