boost gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost gauge

So I am new to the whole force induction thing and I've been looking for a boost gauge. Upon searching for a boost gauge I've seen the price range from $25-$150. My question is is there really that much of a difference between the 2 boost gauges. All I need to monitor is the psi, is there an advantage if I went with the higher priced one than the cheaper one. Is the expensive one more accurate. I could care less if it's analog or digital. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

usually, yes, more expensive ones are more accurate. Often the more expensive ones will also have peak recall or even a few minutes of logging. This is good if you want to do a WOT run but don't want to stare at the gauge when you should be watching the road. If you already have a way to log boost, an accurate gauge from a reputable company will do just fine. I prefer electrical these days because of less harm if it's tossed around. I have a mechanical gauge that reads -15inHg instead of 0 because it was dropped.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Working...
    X