Boosting an 89 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosting an 89 325i

Hey every one, I'm new here, but i've been slowly working on a 91 mx6 turbo project for about 7yrs now. Its currently boosting 23psi on a Holset He351ve running MS1 with the Extra code... but I've come to the conclusion that I need RWD :D

I've come across an 89 325i in decent shape for $1000. Looks to be be a good deal, but I've got a few questions before I go for it.

Knowing that I can't say no to boost for long, I'm sure it the e30 would end up boosted before long. If my searches are right, it should have a stock compression of 8.8 (which seems like a good place to start for a moderate turbo build). But i saw some places where people said it had 9.5:1 cr so I'm not really sure which to expect.

It also seems like the weak link in the M20 is the head gasket correct? Since i've built a megasquirt, I have a pretty good idea what would need to be done to ready the fuel system. What type of crank trigger does the 325i use?

So assuming I go with a cometic gasket and maybe some studs, what can I expect to get out of the M20 before I start pushing the internals to their limits?

If there is a FAQ or a sticky i missed that answers these questions, just pint me in the right direction and excuse my mistake - i always hate being the newb

Last question: kinda o/t for the FI forum, but are there any major things to look out for when I go check out this car that might be easily missed/e30 specific?

Thanks!

-matt

You can expect 400whp on stock internals. You can find a lot more info on e30tech.com about turbos and what does and does not work. Alot of people like the stock headgasket along with ARP studs and a o-ringed block or head.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

cool, i'll check them out... thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X