Anyone know about RX7 turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know about RX7 turbos

Specifically a Hitachi 18s-2s. I've heard that they are a quick spooling due to the design of the exhaust housing being split and the air being directed at more of an angle across the blades. But I need to know about what flang i'm going to need to run and even what stock boost on the TII was so I know what the wastegate actuator is set too.

about the turbo

That turbo is set to a 5psi max for the rotary, it doesn't take much for that rotary to wind up. The stock actuator should be set up to spool to about 5 to 7 psi form the factory. they can hold a maximum constant boost pressure of about 14 psi. The JDM turboII turbos are better becuase of a design and they hold little more boost (not enough to make a big diffrence). the turbo should spool up about 2500-3000 rpm. If I'm not mistaken it's a garrett T25 turbo and it's a decent size turbo for a small amount of power. You can also use nissan sr20det turbos becuase it's the same turbo. Or you can use a common sr20 upgrade that alot of poeple use witch is the T28r which consits of a bigger housing and a little bigger compressor wheel, that turbo should be good for about 18 psi constant pressure. * Note.......Do not run over 14 psi on the regular T25 it coud cause you alot to replace parts that you break.

Comment

Working...
    X