Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jahen
    replied
    Well, I replaced the cap and rotor (only 2 things I didn't replace during my tune up!) And it seems to be running 10X better, even goes to full boost. And yes, running motronic on turbo engines is horseshit.

Leave a comment:

• gearheadE30
    replied
    Motronic doesn't usually deal well with boost...my guess is you are having some software issues. And I don't know if injectors would solve your issue...hell, on my M42 at 7.5 psi I am running 42 lb injectors....

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    not sure, bought the car with the chip already in it. waiting on my ms so i'll prob just mess with the fuel for now. i really think the chip dumps way too much fuel too quick with these 30lb'ers. i'll get some work done here soon when i swap injectors and put my ign back on.

Leave a comment:

• dranttna
    replied
    i had the same exact problem on my turbod m50 when i was first setting it up. what tune do you have? mine was trm, got rid of it, problem solved...

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    That's what my friend told me...good point.

Leave a comment:

• Myster-E
    replied
    Try 24ib. injectors. 30s might be a little too much fuel.

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    So I backed out the set screw for the fmu so it reads 0psi, disconnect the vac hose and see15psi of what I'm guessing is added fuel pressure while at atmospheric pressure. So it does help add fuel pressure. Tightened the afm up a lot and drove...found afrs at 12 approaching 0psi vac....but car completele shakes like crazy at 2500rpm in 3rd still. (Solved my loose axlenut too btw) tried messing with the afm a lil and found same scenario, running it rich still doesn't help at all. I got back from my drive and touched my ign coil, found it warm but not hot just by holding on to it. Starting to lean more towards ignition issues. All ign parts are brand new except coil.

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    Hmm...so how should I set up my fmu? Or should. Just toss it and wait for a begi?

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Your fmu doesn't add any pressure unless it sees boost.
    So before boost, it'll be pretty lean like you've noticed.

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    So the adjustable aeromotive fpr with a boost signal won't work? The previous owner said it is also rising rate...

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    yes. begi is a riseing rate. check e30tech classifieds

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    Thanks. I'll try to get some work done this weekend. whats the difference between the begi and a normal adjustable fpr though???

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Well if it's stumbling because you're leaning out right before boost
    you won't be able to fix that unless you get a begi.

gl.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Your right axle will affect how your engine performs. Good idea.

Leave a comment:

• jahen
    replied
    Just noticed my right axle has a lot of play....gonna take care of that first to rule that out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X