which bov would be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which bov would be better

I have the miller war chip and maf so i have to have it recirc to keep my afr in check.I bought a cheap ebay one to use temporarily and now im ready to get a real one lol.

My question is would a 100% recirc like the hks ssqv or a 50/50 recirc/atmosphere be better? Ive read that sometimes with a full recirc its hard to completely get rid of compressor surge but the 50/50 fixes that with out throwing the afrs way off.Thanks
    sigpic

The reason why most people get compressor surge doing full recirc is because they are useing tiny 25mm valves and boosting more then .5bar. You will need to run 2 diverter valves or get a DSM or greddy BOV and get the recirc attachment instead of the air horn.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

so would a 1g dsm valve work.those can be had pretty cheap
      sigpic

Comment

I should be good for at least 1-1.5bar. Those DSM guys are boosting like 30psi on. Those suckers. But a fleabay greddy is what I'm running sice in comes with plumming bor 40 shipped.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

which one?I was looking at some type s ones but they look really cheap imo
          sigpic

Comment

There are a ton of cheap knockoffs. Don't buy them. The real ones are pricey, though.

I bought a BOV off of ebay seller wyntonm on the recommendation from a friend and have actually been really pleased with it, but I don't need recirc with the MAP sensor and got the 44mm external vent one.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

yeah ive read the ones from wyntonm are good and thats why theyre a little more than the average knock off.so far im looking at a 1g dsm which is $50, a obx 50/50 valve which is $60, or a diverter valve from noscoe30 on e30tech for $80.the last one seems to be of better quality but is kinda small so itll be hit or miss on my setup
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X