Ebay External Wastegates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay External Wastegates

For my turbo build i'm planning to go with an external gate and I've been looking at some Tial 44mm wastegates and they're not cheap enspecially when compared to the price of some chinese ebay one like obx for example. how bad can these wastegate can be?

hey, I have a turbo concepts (name brand) external wastegate that is 38MM if you are interested. I'd sell it for 140 dollars. Thanks!

sorry for the thread jack, but I had an ebay eastegate, and it failed immediately.
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

i need a 44mm one because thats the size of the output on the manifold I have, do they make adapters to fit 38mm wastegates because that seems to be a more suitable size

Comment

If your going to go cheap get the wynton unit.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

china wategates are mostly fine but never come with the right spring.
          They're usually like 30psi springs.

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            I've heard good things about those. I have his BOV and LOVE it!
            1997 540i/6 - stock
            1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
            1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

You know what einstein you always know what cheap stuff works best, the problem with most build threads is that they tend to buy quality and very expensive parts to make their turbo build work, which is great but it can get out of hand when you look back and realise that you just spent a shitload on a car you originaly paid nothing for, but I think you don't have to spent lots of $$$ to have a reasonably quick car. At the moment I'm going budget here I don't want the fastest e30 on the street infact Australian laws don't even permit young kids like me to drive a turbocharged car so cheap and discrete is what im after. Einstein you seem to know how to go about it do you have some sort of build thread I could refer to.
              Last edited by The Humjet; 03-29-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I can also vouch for wyntonm bits. I have one of his BOVs; works great and is quiet.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Seriously, do NOT go with a cheap wastegate. That is one item I would never cheap out on. The last thing you want is for a wastegate to stick shut, overboost and blow your motor. I stick with only Tial for my wastegates and I have never heard of a tial failing. You can find tial's 38mm pretty reasonable if you look around a bit. They do also make adapters to go from the 44's to the 38's I believe.

Comment

Tials fail too. Usually a torn diaphram. But they last a hell of a lot longer then the ebay ones. A lot of people will buy the ebay unit and then toss in a $50 tial diaphram when theirs gives out. I have a build thread but i did use all good hardware ($2600 build). I researched for a year before i bought any turbo parts to see what parts are proven to work and what is just junk. Wynton is one of the best ebay sources for quality chinese parts. He uses his designs and sells everything direct. CXracing has the best prices on intercoolers and plumbing. The quality of their plumbing is really good and it can even be stretched 1/4" with out cracking. Also comes with good couplers and t clamps. I was planning on doing the ultimate budget build this week but i've been swamped. If you are patient and always have money on hand you can find some killer deals and get your car built for peanuts. Also DSM bypass valves work in a pinch and can be had for nothing at your local pick and pull.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

cheap tial

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Seriously, do NOT go with a cheap wastegate. That is one item I would never cheap out on. The last thing you want is for a wastegate to stick shut, overboost and blow your motor. I stick with only Tial for my wastegates and I have never heard of a tial failing. You can find tial's 38mm pretty reasonable if you look around a bit. They do also make adapters to go from the 44's to the 38's I believe.
                        Yer I found the adapters they're all over ebay which is cool

I had a look at the wynton wastegates and they're going for peanuts so your saying they hold up ok for say 10-14psi of boost
                        the CX racing manifold isn't exactly a pretty looking thing and the wastegate port hit the steering shaft (RHD car) what are you thoughts on the obx turbo manifold adapter

Comment

If your wastegate fails and you hit 30 PSI and blow your engine, dont say I didnt worn you.

It happened to me.

It also blew 3 pistons, but I didnt know that till later.

buy my wastegate :)
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                          Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

If your wastegate fails and you hit 30 PSI and blow your engine, dont say I didnt worn you.
                            You know what ill take that onboard I don't wanna be blowing any pistons usually when I buy something I opt for the more quality product anyway but for this build im trying to go budget cause sadly turbos arnt cheap, should i just go for an internal gate instead. Sorry fiftytakedowns but atm I'm in the selection stage of my build by the time i start put money down to buy bits and pieces you'll probably would've have sold your wastegate by then
                            Last edited by The Humjet; 04-01-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Honestly, that's exactly what I did. My turbo adapter came with a provision for an external wastegate, but I blocked it off. Worked fine.

1997 540i/6 - stock
                              1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                              1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Working...
                              X