Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turbo the e30, now cut out when shifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo the e30, now cut out when shifting?

i turbo charged a stock m20b25 engine, i have it set at 5 pounds of boost, i only have 19lb injectors, here is my issue

when i shift from 1 gear to another the whole thing cuts out for a short second? any ideas? im thinking i need more fuel but i just if there where anyideas???

and here are some pics of the set up

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6302180.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	7222201

Name:	S6302177.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	7222202

Name:	S6302187.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	7222203

Name:	S6302186.jpg
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	7222204

Name:	S6302184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7222205

yeah probably. No wideband?
    What's that second hose going into the elbow before the throttle?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      What's that second hose going into the elbow before the throttle?
      Also would like to know. If its the one from valvecover ur running boost in the oilpan, and thats not a good idea.

Comment

that is the stick set up with a aftermarket elbow, , runs from the elbow to the other 2 lines going into the throttle body, i have the valve cover line going to a oil catch can do relieve pressure, is that right...???

and i was going to get 30lb injectors installed wih a fuel pressure regulator or a rising fuel rate regulater

Comment

Originally posted by custom e30 View Post
          that is the stick set up with a aftermarket elbow, , runs from the elbow to the other 2 lines going into the throttle body, i have the valve cover line going to a oil catch can do relieve pressure, is that right...???

Sounds good. At that little boost stock fueldelivery should be good enough.
          U mean that when u floor it in 1. and then gives it in next gear it takes a sec to react?

Video/sound would be fine.

And btw, as mentioned, wideband is a must have when tuning/boosting.

Comment

why is that,? i have a air/fuel ratio gauge i aint hooked up yes, i was gonna connect to the o2 senser but someone said i needed a wideband to run it? plain this to me

Comment

Widebands are more accurate than the stock lambda, and thats the point with "aftermarket" AFR equipment. If it runs lean it could result in meltdown, and u dont want that :)
              Get a Innovate LC-1, feks, and ull there. And ready for further upgrades.. :)

Comment

never heard of innovate lc-1? plez educate me? i know the basics.

Comment

Go to street rays to find a cheap wideband. Your probably leaning way out if you don't have a RRFPR. Although for the price of one and a chip you could buy a megasquirt. If you can build your own turbo car you can build your own engine management.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

ill look into thats thanks

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      Go to street rays to find a cheap wideband. Your probably leaning way out if you don't have a RRFPR. Although for the price of one and a chip you could buy a megasquirt. If you can build your own turbo car you can build your own engine management.

But what good will a Megasquirt do without a trustworthy AFR reading?

I do agree on the management, and heres a link for ya
                      Fully assembled MegaSquirt, MS3Pro, MSPNP engine management systems, stand alone fuel injection and high performance parts for tuning your racecar!

Read, understand, and then buy :)

Comment

ill look into it

Comment

I was referring to the RRFR and a chip, not the wideband.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

19lbs of fuel on a m20b25 with 5lbs of boost. bet your hitting fuel cut and maxing the injectors out.

STOP driving until you get a wide band other wise you could run lean under heavy loads and burn a hole in the piston and have a nice piece of art in your engine bay.

Comment

found 30lbs injectors in jyard today, fpr on its way

Comment

Working...
                              X