Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dederic motorsports m20 turbo kit reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dederic motorsports m20 turbo kit reviews?

Hey guys

There is a kit that Dms has for the m20 completely bolt on. I emailed blueapplespda with a couple qs and it seems like awesome service and from what ive read good quality. However, several google searches and thread lurks have left me wondering if anyone has actually run it.

I dont want this to come out as if i do not think this product is good, but as of now i would be a bit short for this kit. Im trying to determine if i should bag all dreams of boosting a m20 (i dont even know where i will be living in 6 months.. i have a lot of things going on in my life that come first before a 5/6k built engine and reliable boosting).

I checked the official thread for the kit and it seems no one has actually posted saying they have ordered or tried it and the kit has been out for 3 years. A video, ormaybe a link to a thread of this kit.

Muchos gracias

I know nothing about it, but it sounds like you need to wait it out for a year or so. Good luck with whatever you decide! :D

Comment

Wait it out?

Blueapplesoda said he can make whatever your application and price range is. And its a 4 week wait to process the kit.

If the post is 3 years old, and its not available for another year, why is it on the dms site aswell.

Comment

Wait it out because of your middle paragraph reflecting on where you are in life. Turbo cars often have a lot of tinkering and tuning that follow the build. Especially when you build a NA car into a FI car.

As far as turbo e30's go. I'm not your guy. I have owned a turbo car, but it was an eclipse gsx - thing was a beast!

BlueAppleSode is one of the turbo gurus on the site, so keep his info. He ran a special a while back where he was turbo-ing cars for cheap money, perhaps peg him to see if he ever plans to do that again.

Comment

Well I haven't bought the turbo kit but my megasquirt was build by him.

Service, price and communication are very good I have no negative reviews about him.
          Please Rate Me:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...35#post3283535

--------------------

Comment

Glad the service was great, looking for the m20kit input

Comment

About boosting your m20 in general, because I'm doing it right now, it'll always be about double what you budgeted for. Not to mention you won't get everything done quickly, especially if you're tight on money. Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick 2 out of 3.
              That's the reason why I've chosen to prolong my build over 2-3 years to gather parts and make sure I get them at lower-than-retail prices.

You also have to think about if your e30 is your DD. How much time can you afford to lose on tuning, putting the car together, making sure it runs well, etc. What would happen if you blew a head gasket?

In my opinion, everything has to be taken into account before a project like this. Especially how much money you'll have in the future, and not only right now.

Originally posted by Janderson
              you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

He is currently building a 3in stainless exhaust for me, straight pipe all the way back with a cat delete and magnaflow muffler, he's adding tips and he's been very helpful and informative. Based on our messages going back and fourth i'd say he is a man of his word and his kit is probably top notch. I'll let you know how the exhaust turns out and post some pictures on my build page

Comment

I plan to purchase this kit in June/July and will post up a thorough review from parts to install to driveability.
                  1997 Artic Silver M3
                  CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Just purchased the kit, will do a full review thread from parts, to install, to startup/driveability....cannot wait!
                    1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
                      Just purchased the kit, will do a full review thread from parts, to install, to startup/driveability....cannot wait!
                      OH SHIT.

I'm intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
                        Good to hear, can't wait to see your progress.

Comment

I bought my PNP squirt from DMS. Super helpfull and knows his shit. He's my go to guy for advice.

Comment

Derek is very professional, will give any assistance he can for your application, and stands behind his work which is a quality rarely found nowadays.

He built and installed my custom MS3/MSX and adjuncts for my S14 turbo project and we are about to go to tuning, and we can't wait! I recommend DMS with confidence. :up:
                            Rich!

Comment

I am definitely excited. I will install my new Myster-E head and make sure the car runs as perfect as it does now and then move forward with the install.

I am going to hold DMS to the "it fits" type of install....definitely don't like surprises when installing a "kit." I can't wait to document the install and impressions afterward.
                              1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Working...
                              X