any used vac m20 turbo cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any used vac m20 turbo cam?

came across the vac turbo cam last night.

they sound great. but they seem to be keeping all details close to their chest.

has anyone used these? can they vouch for them. that they are that good?
    they say that they increase power, spool time, and that you can make more power for less boost. thats some big talk.

anyone know for sure?

thanks, leigh

Never tried that one ..

this seems to be common and perfect from PPF

M20 Z45 turbo
    280 degrees, lift = 11 mm. 112 degrees peak angle. Can be used with stock valve springs up to 7000 rpm. Suitable for engines producing up to 700 bhp.

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

do you have a link to that cam?

Comment

the turbo z45 is what I would install...you can have it cheaper by giving the specs to a local cam grinder and have them make you one.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

thats a nice cam. good size too. i assume when it says 112 peak angle. that is 112 degrees of rotation where the cam is at full max lift? but from what point? theres no where near enough info there to have another camshaft made. like lift at 1mm and its angle, centre angles, tdc angle, bdc angles, overlaping angles and lift. ect ect. alot of info goes into cams. its frustrating thats theres no info to compare which cams are better off.

also they are more expensive then the vac cam. by about $200.
          are they really worth the extra money? sure its good for about 700hp. but it doesnt say much more then that?

Comment

If I have the money I would buy this cam and I'll never think about the 700hp as it depends on your whole setup

and it's difficult :)

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

Comment

i run the vac turbo cam, dont have driect comparison dynos because i changed my whole setup when i installed the cam. but my dyno curve is really flat compared to other turbo e30s with stock cam.

Comment

do you know the size of your vac cam? like is it 272? 280? did you order the mild or aggressive cam?

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenSolid View Post
                  i run the vac turbo cam, dont have driect comparison dynos because i changed my whole setup when i installed the cam. but my dyno curve is really flat compared to other turbo e30s with stock cam.

Nice graph :up:

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

Comment

i agree. very nice

Comment

Mild grind, they sent a card with all the specs.. Lost it Somewhere in my toolbox lol

Comment

does it give a noticeable change to idle? is it "lumpier" at all?

Comment

Working...
                        X