Lean spike No matter what!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lean spike No matter what!!!

Whats up guys, i just got done with my m20 build and am having some issues that no matter what i do, i cant get rid of.

The setup
    1988 325 with super ETA
    super ETA stock block, oringed and head studded
    I head with shrick cam, slight port job, port matched I intake manifold and I TB
    61mm inducer turbo, ebay probably
    real tial wastegate, tial knock off BOV

DIYautotune DIY PNP megasquirt kit
    60lb bosch, 255 walboro fuel pump, both brand new
    innovative LC1 with brand new sensor
    stock ignition with NGK bpr7es and MSD coil

running on spring pressure (14lbs)

Ok so heres the deal. No matter what, there is a random lean spot when WOT in boost. Wether its 3200 or 5200, it will always spike lean and break up. I can rarely get threw a gear under full throttle. The car is real choppy at cruising speeds even with a 13.5AFR. My logs are telling me its going lean, but with the partial throttle choppy-ness, im leaning towards an ignition break up.

i took some screen shots of my logs and maps. Let me know if i can provide any more info. The car is super fast until it breaks up. Its not showing any signs of detonation on the plugs and sounds great (until it breaks up)

Either the walbro isn't up to it, or you need beef up the ignition. I know when my ignition was breaking up, it would usually show lean. It's just how the gauge reads.

Comment

Originally posted by qbuilt View Post
      Either the walbro isn't up to it, or you need beef up the ignition. I know when my ignition was breaking up, it would usually show lean. It's just how the gauge reads.
      thats what i thought was happening BUT it was due to the acceleration enrichment still Map based. I never turned it over to 100% TPS based (due to the fact i had the MS running the stock motor)

So the map would read small changes when in boost (and i mean small) and would add and subtract fuel because of it.

Sooooooo, tune with your enrichment settings off.

PS. its now wasted spark.

Comment

Working...
      X