paging S52 supercharged gurus!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paging S52 supercharged gurus!!

well.... looks like my mechanics hit a bump in the road, see the problem....
    little clearance issue with the m42 radiator, which i was planning to go bigger with. the pulley lines up fine with the crank pulley, just....rads in the way lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks al

Not sure I have seen anyone run a RMS setup in an E30 before, is there maybe less room than an E36?

Edit: The other SC kits run on the main belt and not off an extra pulley.
    Last edited by whodwho; 05-19-2013, 04:31 PM.
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Look at the rubber boot on the TB it's crooked and could offset the whole system

Comment

That doesn't look like it lines up with the crank pulley at all. If it did, the crank pulley would be inside your radiator
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
          That doesn't look like it lines up with the crank pulley at all. If it did, the crank pulley would be inside your radiator
          +1 on this. you can always try a vertical radiator
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Are the little tuner inserts for the rad sitting correcty on the bottom?

Comment

Correctly

Comment

hmmmm lots of small things it could be, ill pass the info on, boot/aftercooler definetly crooked, and i agree theres no way that lines up with the pulley. i know i had 4" from front of the engine, to the front of the rad (no fan on swap) im more than confident he figures in out. ill have to hold off on the fatboy rad for know. anyone running aftermarket oil cooler kits?

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                  Not sure I have seen anyone run a RMS setup in an E30 before, is there maybe less room than an E36?

mm no way, more realestate than e36, i dont see the main bracket, its a gintani piece i believe. maybe thats part of the problem....i recall my ESS had the snail sit inline with the mainfold, this is waaay ahead.

Comment

before..

Comment

Sorry for offtopic, but what supercharger is that?

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post

well, looks like you were right, knowone runs the RMS t-trim, cause its massive, and realestate is limited under the e30. looks like im going to have to get a custom rad, and stuff it inside the supports. work in progress.....

Comment

I don't think it is much the blower size(I think a T-trim is the same overall size just bigger inlet/outlet/impeller) but that it is driven off a pulley of it's own forward of the main serpentine belt.

I have the same setup(but Si trim) and putting it on a M20 and finding it a bit challenging to fit it as well :)

Edit: it sure seems your aftercooler is wider from inlet to outlet then mine and the SC sit further forward but I don't believe they made different brackets, both engines should be the same length and both TBs seem to be mid motor but yours is definitely further forward... let me dig up a pic if I can find it quickly

Here it is, not a good shot of the belt alignment tho

Last edited by whodwho; 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM.
                          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

geees, looks like your realestate is just as bad, at least you can retain your rad lol! im going to add more pics to my main build thread, keep it all together.

Comment

A few things I see here.

1. You will need a custom radiator. There is no way around it. You need a radiator that will fit inside the radiator support and you will need to run a separate coolant reservoir like on the 325e.

2. You're crank pulley is not installed so there is no way of knowing if it is lining up with the sc pulley. You crank pulley is sitting on top of your left headlight in post #1.

3. Your brackets are not installed. You need to install the sc brackets in order to determine how much room you will need to fit the belt/tensioning system.

That's all I can see from here. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X