Running A/C and turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running A/C and turbo?

Since I have recently revived my stroker project, I am faced with a somewhat brain bending task: having full A/C and running boost on a 2.7i.

Is anyone on here running this setup? If so, are you doing air to air intercooler? Water to air? Please chime in your experiences. I am finding it somewhat confusing to get a straight answer on whether I should get a puller fan behind the radiator or a pusher. I live in SW Florida, so keeping my M20 cool is a bit more of a chore compared to other regions in the US.
    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

I have a stock M20, boosted, and running A/C. I have an air to air intercooler, and I have removed the aux fan. To be honest, I just finished the build before I deployed and I did not have a chance to refill the A/C and see how it felt. I had to notch the core support for the A/C lines. If you search my name, you'll see my build and the initial pics.....

I should get back next July and I know that is pretty far out from when I'll be able to provide an experience, but I think it will be fine....at least when the car is moving over 30+mph
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
      I have a stock M20, boosted, and running A/C. I have an air to air intercooler, and I have removed the aux fan. To be honest, I just finished the build before I deployed and I did not have a chance to refill the A/C and see how it felt. I had to notch the core support for the A/C lines. If you search my name, you'll see my build and the initial pics.....

I should get back next July and I know that is pretty far out from when I'll be able to provide an experience, but I think it will be fine....at least when the car is moving over 30+mph
      Just saw your build. It looks superb! I will definitely be using that as a resource. Be safe over there!
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
      X