please help me decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me decide

I have a 1985 318i and the camshaft is worn down and is running on 3 cyl. needless to say i want to swap in a new motor. I am very good at doing motors swaps but in this case i am new to BMW's. I can't have this car down for too long as its my only car. But i don't think i want another 1.8L so the question is what is the easyest swap to do that will give me more HP and is the cheapest aswell. I also want to turbo it later on so keep that in mind

any help would be great i just go this car last week and its in great shape besides the motor there is no rust and i would like to play around with this one.

Originally posted by Sean(85-318i)
    I have a 1985 318i and the camshaft is worn down and is running on 3 cyl. needless to say i want to swap in a new motor. I am very good at doing motors swaps but in this case i am new to BMW's. I can't have this car down for too long as its my only car. But i don't think i want another 1.8L so the question is what is the easyest swap to do that will give me more HP and is the cheapest aswell. I also want to turbo it later on so keep that in mind

any help would be great i just go this car last week and its in great shape besides the motor there is no rust and i would like to play around with this one.
    Just swap in an m20b25. It's a direct fit, and has quite a lot more power. I guess you could also do an S14 if you wanted to stay 4cyl for some reason.

Comment

how much work is it to swap in a E30 325i motor and trans?

Comment

Working...
      X