Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest cam size for a turbo M20 application??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest cam size for a turbo M20 application??

Hello all, I'm just wondering what the biggest cam anyone has run in a turbo application?

I'm not worried about daily drive ability as this is not a DD. This car is a street/track car, the "track" being a road course.

I've recently built a 3.1L stroker for my car and will be changing the cam in the very near future. I've seen (read) that many run nothing bigger than a 280-283 cam. So I'm wondering again if that's the only way to go? I'm thinking either schrick or Catcams, now leaning more towards Cat...

...Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Z45 or Z58 turbo cam ..

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Z45 works great for up to around 700whp with very good low end. I used that for my previous M20 turbo.
      E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
      E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Thank you for the info. guys. "Nisse Jarnet" how did you get so much power? was it all boost, if so how much? what kind of fuel? what was done to the motor? If you don't mind sharing some info? ...That is a lot of hp from an M20!!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowracer View Post
          Thank you for the info. guys. "Nisse Jarnet" how did you get so much power? was it all boost, if so how much? what kind of fuel? what was done to the motor? If you don't mind sharing some info? ...That is a lot of hp from an M20!!
          It was nothing special really, cp pistons, PPF rods, Z45 cam, m52b28 crank and +1mm valves etc. E85 fuel and boost ramped up to 2.2 bar over 6000 rpm i think. All boost :)
          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Thanks again for the info. that's awesome!! It opens my eyes a bit to the potential of the m20.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowracer View Post
              Thanks again for the info. that's awesome!! It opens my eyes a bit to the potential of the m20.
              Yeah as long as the head dont crack M20 is pretty bullet proof :)
              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
              X