Help me decide which turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me decide which turbo

Hi guys, im about to purchase a turbo for my build and before i pull the trigger i would like to hear what the more experienced members have to say about the following options.

motor:stock m20b25
    psi: 12-15
    use: daily driver with a couple track days a year

All turbos are brand master power made in brasil.

1)R544

T3
    compressor:54mm x 77mm
    turbine: 49,5mm x 65,5mm
    A/R .63 or .94

if im not mistaken this is similar to a gt3076r right?

2)R545

T3
    compressor: 54mm x 77mm
    turbine: 59mm x 70mm
    A/R .63 or .94

Of course if none of these are good options this is the full catalogue if anyone is interested.

Thanks

From what I understand there is no "best turbo", but rather the best for your needs. Decide what kind of boost you want, laggy and powerful or responsive but not as powerful.
    87' 325is Wife
    09' cbr600rr Mistress

Comment

its a daily driver, not a race car so i want something it starts to spool as quickly as possible. With 12-15 psi it looks that people are pushing 270 to 300 hp which is what i would like. my main concern is if those turbos are too small, i dont want too much backpressure.
      Car has 3.73 lsd diff

Comment

Kinugawa would probably be best, having been in a few cars with them they are very smooth and pretty awesome on an m20.

Comment

They look great, and i like the integrated wg and bov but the problem is that shipping it here is very expensive (import taxes) so i can get a master power much cheaper and they have very good reputation. Thats why i need help choosing a turbo from that brand. I like the r544 since its similar to a gt3076r and that turbo has good reviews. Just not sure about the .63 housing may be too small and .94 too big.

Comment

The r545 is similar to the kinugawa tdo6h 20g right? if thats the one you have tried what was the A/R? and how quick does it spool?
            i want to purhcase my turbo this week so hopefully with some more info i can make the right decision.

Comment

You and I are trying to do pretty much the same thing. Im on a budget of less than <$350, so I think Im going with a t04e or a t3/t4.
              87' 325is Wife
              09' cbr600rr Mistress

Comment

Working...
              X