M30B35 Turbo Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30B35 Turbo Questions...

Let me tell you what I am working with to start out with.
    Stock M30B35 that will be getting a new head. Possibly from BimmerHeads.
    Probably ARP Studs, MLS Gasket. TCD Log Manifold.
    When the block finally needs work, I will be building a stroker and get it o-ringed.

1. I need opinions on exactly what I should do. Let me describe what I am looking for. Daily Driver. A/C. Reliability. Just enough power to get into trouble. Weekend Canyon Carver. Roadworthy for travel to R3V Picnic/BimmerFest. 275-325WHP. I'm not looking to ever Drag this car and it is a daily driver, I just want to have some good fun in it and just enough power so I am not wasting fuel efficiency on power I dont need.

Give me ideas on Set Ups/Turbos/Injectors and such.

2. Which Megasquirt?

3. COOLING, will a 324td fan clutch and high CFM pusher in Aux Fan spot do the trick in 125 ambient temperatures with Turbo Application. (I plan on getting the turbo sprayed, a blanket, getting the manifold sprayed and downpipe wrapped)
    Last edited by LagunaSecaBlue; 05-30-2014, 02:04 AM.

#AZE30
    1991 318i
    1989 325i
    1989 335i

Defiantly do head studs, and OEM headgasket or MLS if head & block are clean even surface.

I would stick with a smaller turbo for more responsive power and reliability. I'd recommend something in the 57mm range. Holset HX30, HX35, PTE 5858, 30r etc.

Run low boost and you can drive it forever.

Injectors id say 42 or 64lbs should be fine.

Megasquirt 2 or 3 should be fine just depending on what features you want to have or don't think you need.

Id always recommend a high performance radiator, and electric fan setup

Comment

So a TCD Stage 1 Kit with Megasquirt should be good?

#AZE30
      1991 318i
      1989 325i
      1989 335i

Comment

yea that seems to be a good kit. I don't really know much about TCD quality or their kits, but haven't really heard anything bad.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer 2002 View Post
          yea that seems to be a good kit. I don't really know much about TCD quality or their kits, but haven't really heard anything bad.
          TCD seems to have good quality kits, but personally I don't trust except if I built my own kit :p and it's easy, all you have to do is a little SEARCH

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Todd's parts aren't cheap (nor should they be for what he's making), he's been doing well-built turbo setups for a long time.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
            X