No announcement yet.

who says modded engines pollute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that you had to go to a state run emmisions center (offical) to get it done? i know that in cali you can "bribe" your way through emmisions because it is done by a tech ( with the approprate licence) at a shop. i think that what you are thinking of is the "emmisions fix" places that are always right around the corner/accross the street for the stations, they are private businesses not emmisions centers. they just fix your emmisions problems then run your car through and collect $ for the repair and emmisisons fees. as far as how frequently you have to go through it depends what year you have. my 85 jetta had to go through every 2 years and it was so cheep that i would just go ahead and pay for the 2 years at once. now my porsche 914-6 had to go through every year. pain in the ass; 2.4 mechanical inj (180 hp motor like the 914-6 GT w/o those fugly flairs), no factory cat (too early), last year i hung 1 cat on it and after a lot of tuning got it to pass. this year i am going to put 2 new cats on it straight off the headers (LOUD) should make for less tuning and hopefully melt the assholes cones they put on to collect the exhaust. we had a customer at the porsche shop i just quit do the same thing with his 914-6 (although it was carbed) and it melted one and caught the other one on fire.:up: where do you meet? east side /west side? ever go to the pavilions? i live right by there.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah, I think I was thinking about the fix places. Yeah, I knew it was based on year, OBDI/OBDII, yet I thought I could get away with longer than a year.

We meet every 1st and 3rd Thursday around central Phoenix, since members live all over the valley. Next meet is May 4.

Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 7pm.

We meet on the Northwest corner of 20th St. and Highland Ave. At the Collonade in the parking lot directly north of Danny's Family Carwash there.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

i used to do alot of skating all around there, i know exactly where it is. i'll try to make it on may 4th.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

had a new cat put on today.....$227.43 installed out the door! thanks apache muffler! main and extension for those in the mesa tempe area. midas wanted $570.00 installed....fuck off!!!!
          i don't like the sound w/o the resonater though:( it sounds kinda ricer! oh well i will spend the $ to get the cat delete with a better sounding muffler in place of the cat in s/s and that shouldn save the cat for use every 2 years and sound better. taking it through emissions next week.

Comment

Working...
          X