STS Style Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STS Style Turbo?

As a normal e30 driver as well as forum browser, I have to say that I have seen alot on e30 and this is one thing that never occured to me. Has anyone ever run a turbo in the muffler's place? I know there are some people here that saw the bi-turbo Z06 on horsepower TV and were wondering how to do that. So, is it practical?

Originally posted by McCoolidge View Post
    As a normal e30 driver as well as forum browser, I have to say that I have seen alot on e30 and this is one thing that never occured to me. Has anyone ever run a turbo in the muffler's place? I know there are some people here that saw the bi-turbo Z06 on horsepower TV and were wondering how to do that. So, is it practical?
    its not practical, but if you want to see it, there was pics on e30tech a while back.

its stupid because there is so much volume that has to be overcome before the increased pressure hits the cylinders. The only reason for something like that is space limitations. The e30 has plenty of room for a turbo in the engine bay. You'd end up w/ more lag then needed and a whole lot of plumbing.

Comment

Oh i see, so you would just end up with rediculous turbo lag? and even then you would have to run the piping.

Comment

Thinkin about that system... seems like u wouldnt have to run an intercooler.

Well my theory is that, cause of having the pipeing running from the back to front, gives it ample time to cool, but then there is also with such a long trip back to the motor wouldnt the velocity of the air decrease ? or isn't this a problem when runnin a turbo in boost ?

Comment

Working...
        X