Help ID Turbo - K28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID Turbo - K28

NOTE: to Forum Admins, I am starting another post because I cannot change subject/title of the previous post titled "K28 kkk - .72mm compressor vs others?" , please erase/delete as this current post here is more relevant and appropriate for the questions that I have regarding this topic. Thank you.

Summary of what I'm doing. This is a M50b30 stroker - turbo project. I am looking for a turbo that will spool quick and still have enough breath for top end. Since I already have this turbo laying around I want to know more about it so I can rule-out or rule-in this turbo. I really cannot find information on this K28 KKK turbo on the net. I was told it's an .72mm but I measured the compressor and turbine, please tell me what you guys think.

Here are the specs, +/- .01:

-Compressor: Exducer = 82mm, Inducer = 58mm, inlet = 60mm, exit cold (to intercooler) = 48mm

-Turbine: Exducer = 72mm, Inducer = 80mm, exit exhaust = 72.98mm

Please look at pictures for additional details. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mini612; 06-29-2018, 08:20 AM.

pics continue

more pics continue.....
    Attached Files

Comment

pics continue

more pic continue....
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

On paper this turbo would not "spool quick" it would breath really well up top. The compressor wheel sizes is fine and a petty good, but the turbine is too large. A good budget turbo for this application would be an HX35 or HX40, such as are found on the Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. These are not perfect either, but they are much closer to what you need than this turbo. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgerry View Post
          Hello,

On paper this turbo would not "spool quick" it would breath really well up top. The compressor wheel sizes is fine and a petty good, but the turbine is too large. A good budget turbo for this application would be an HX35 or HX40, such as are found on the Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. These are not perfect either, but they are much closer to what you need than this turbo. Hope this helps.
          Thanks for your input. I’ve had some experiences with hx35 my early years and it was prettt good. I’m going to look for an hx40. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X