X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick_08
    replied
    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
    Dude you're flying. You need to send me where you got your fittings and hoses for those PTFE lines. Can't wait to see this thing rip.
    All summit brand...wirh the exception of a few from fragola. I'll let you know if the summit fittings leak lol.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Sub’d I’ll be stealing some of your ideas

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Dude you're flying. You need to send me where you got your fittings and hoses for those PTFE lines. Can't wait to see this thing rip.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Perhaps the moderator can move this thread to the project forum?

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Heat shielding and powder coat...

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Finished the intercooler mount and fabbed up a quick little pump mounting bracket. Here you can see how the plumbing is laying out in the car. Bottom port of the heat exchanger feeds the bottom of the pump. Top port of the pump will feed through the fender well to the intercooler. The top port of the heat exchanger will run all the way to the trunk and take water from the tank. The other port of the intercooler will return water to the tank. Clear as mud? The pump is just a simple 500gph rule unit. It should be effective. If not I can upgrade, they get very expensive. A lot of folks run rule 2000gph in-tank pump. So that’s a potential option should I need more flow in the future. Lastly, there’s limited space in the e30 for 3” intercooler pipe. Good luck finding oval aluminum. Trick is to take your 3” and make it oval with a press. It’s hard to tell in the picture but the oil pan actually sits lower than the intercooler pipe. On to the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    I’ve gotta say, PTFE AN hose is so easy to work with and assemble. It almost seems too easy... BTW go to Menards I their pliers section and grab these cutters, they are badass, chomp the line no problem and they only cost $10 vs the pair summit wants is like $75. I got the brake system laid out, installed the bulkhead fittings. I had to redo the downpipe-I forgot about the coils and plug wires needing to fit. There is like no room. I managed to gain about an extra 1”. Also got the intercooler set and made a bracket. You can’t see underneath is two 1/2” rubber mounts with studs. On to the pics...wait I almost forgot. If you need brake lines Pegasus will make them custom to order, not bad on the pocketbook either...check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Fuel pressure regulator is mounted, love the rivnut tool. Went with a Tial 50mm BOV and twin 44mm WG units from VS racing. It was worth it to me to save money here for the time being. They are nice units, pulled the diaphragms and changed the springs, no issues. Bench tested them and they are solid. I will be sure to set overrun boost cut should something catastrophic happen with them. And last an inside view of the linkage. Just wanted it out of the way to make room for the fuel system and brake reservoir on that side of The firewall.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Got a bunch of things going today. Deleted the c101 and ran wiring through the blower compartment (you will see why I did this later). Roughed in the starter and alternator cables with 2 AWG. Throttle cable has been installed and the throttle linkage modified. Last the down pipe has been made, 3.5” and none of it touches haha.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Exchanger is mounted, built a grille to keep rocks out of it. Exhaust is wrapped. Currently working on a new throttle linkage and brake system. Went with a wilwood pedal box. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Here is a look at the heat exchanger, will be working today getting this properly rubber mounted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Exhaust finally completed, very tedious work. With mig you’ve got no control over the heat so you have to make many small tack welds and let the parts cool to avoid war page. Check out the wastegate prioritization. I will be wrapping this all soon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_08
    replied
    Cones came in... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X