just not really running right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just not really running right

OK so I have been having some troubles with my 84 318i, The car has a about 235,500 miles on it. But sometimes when I go to start it, I have to keep turning the key and giving it gas until It catches and starts up. And usually when I am doing this the engine spirts and sputters and It takes a couple tries before It goes. this morning it did it the first 2 tries the engine didn't spirt and sputter at all. and when I did get the car going it drove fine but it died while I was pulling into a parking lot and I was moving at around 15mph.
    But I can't get the car started now because the ignition will not unlock?

I just don't know what It could be I have yet to check my repair manuals but I thought someone on here would might know something. I might also give the bavarian auto hotline a call as well.

Interesting. My M10 sometimes has difficulty firing up on warm startup (i.e. sitting in 90 degree weather all day), but usually fires the second time around. maybe this is a more severe condition of the same problem.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
    X