Glowing headers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glowing headers??

Car was dead for about 2 months, found out my dizzy rotor broke. so got a new one put it in and now the car has no power takes ages to even rev to 4k not even in gear. Car is getting hot 3/4 on temp sensor. Idle was set to 1k and now when i let it run for around 5-10 min the headers are glowing red. Would this be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of wack timing or what? . No rev, no power, overheating ??? Just want some input on the issue. maybe ill make a video later

DanGeR to teH ManIfoLDz!!!!111

Comment

yes something of that sort maybe an injector stuck open
      sigpic
      86 325e now 327iturbo hx35 ms2
      DRIFT CAR
      warped my mamifold sell me your RSI MANIFOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty E thirty View Post
        yes something of that sort maybe an injector stuck open

nO, It's timing.

Comment

yea i hope its just timing. Todo timing on the m10 when i get it TDC , for the dizzy to i set it cyl 1 or 4? im only asking 4 becuase at my old job a week ago we set tiing on a older lancia and when we did that we had to start it on cyl4 on the dizzy. seems like the only good thing on my car is the trans i got from farbin lmao

Comment

Told ya you should have come up on that box of other stuff I had a brand new cap, rotor, wires, coil, distributor, ICV, Idle control box, ecu, etc.

Comment

i know i should have just taking everything you had and that m10 , to late now haha

Comment

hahahaha.

Comment

blocked exhaust system orrrr....

open up your dizzy, remove the rotor, look at a thing that is a brass color with 4 points on it - see if its loose... it shouldnt be. i had same problem, no biggie.

Comment

the car is running to lean, the ICV is stuck closed. I tested this lastnight, i have a rip under the icv and if i let more air in the idle gose down and the engine still has power.

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                    blocked exhaust system orrrr....

open up your dizzy, remove the rotor, look at a thing that is a brass color with 4 points on it - see if its loose... it shouldnt be. i had same problem, no biggie.

what thing? the dizzy cap? or the spring under the rotor?

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                      the car is running to lean, the ICV is stuck closed. I tested this lastnight, i have a rip under the icv and if i let more air in the idle gose down and the engine still has power.

what thing? the dizzy cap? or the spring under the rotor?
                      neither - maybe your car doesnt have it - possible? i heave an australian delivered model 318i... bit its still an m10b18 engine. i forget what its called sorry but its supposed to split the spark up so one spark goes just after the other so the plugs "double fire" at the same time and in theory causing a stronger spark.

*edit* oh and if its loose or been rotated to the wrong point itll be firing spark all over the shop and therefor horrible timing and engine damage/no power/other problems.

Comment

no more glowing headers! the car was running lean. screw the rev limiter. im happy with 6500rpms.

Comment

who's your daddy ? and what does he do??
                          sigpic

Comment

Hahah mr e30! Ill try to swing it by tomarrow after noon when she gets off work

Comment

Working...
                            X