what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this?

I checked my valves yesterday and they were good. I made the #1 cylinder tdc. and the distrubor was aligned with the #1 cylinder. the car just runs poorly. i press the pedal and the car barely revs on park. wats a dizzy? i know i have a vacuum problem but i cant find out how to fix it i need help and good detail so i can drive the car the way i want it.... thanks need help asap!!!
    my project

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164374

wats a dizzy? distributer...

um... prob an m10b18 right? sure its a vacuum problem?
    theres a funny ignition thin in the distributer - cant remember what its called but, under the rotor in the dizzy theres a silver or bronze disk like thing with 4 points.... see if its loose.
    Last edited by Zachary; 10-01-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Yeah that M18b18 sure does suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        Yeah that M18b18 sure does suck.
        That must be the shitty euro version that we never got.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

um yep i meant m10b18 thnx for noticing

Comment

Originally posted by e30_3I8I View Post
            I checked my valves yesterday and they were good. I made the #1 cylinder tdc. and the distrubor was aligned with the #1 cylinder. the car just runs poorly. i press the pedal and the car barely revs on park. wats a dizzy? i know i have a vacuum problem but i cant find out how to fix it i need help and good detail so i can drive the car the way i want it.... thanks need help asap!!!
            your running lean. My car had this problem, it was the ICV. The ICV was stuck closed, I found this out with a nice sized rip in a hose under the ICV, I open the rip bigger and the rpm's went down and i gained the responce back. I fixed this by just making a custom ICV delete. By doing this the car ran smooth and rev'd fast. Check and clean the ICV. Ajust the timing and go from there. Good Luck, 3 weeks ago my car finaly took a dump and sold it. It was my fault , I left the dizzy ajustment bolt loose and it broke the rotor and a peice of metal fell under the rotor and bend the 4 pins so pretty much the dizzy was shot. So now im on the fourm as a X e30 owner lol good luck tho

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              That must be the shitty euro version that we never got.
              Hm,"shitty" and "euro version" in the same sentence reffering to a BMW? :p
              N.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
              It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
              you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
              X