• Time
  • Show
Clear All

good call!!!
    bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm excited, it should be here tomorrow. I an excited to get some other stuff from them too. they had a lot of great things to say about their support of the m10. and I'm all for that. this is a fantastic little motor.

I just put a s2.93 in it @ 95% stock motor and it's actually taking it very well. I was able to hit 115mph on the interstate without pushing it real hard. maybe most of 3/8th-1/2 throttle during the the whole endeavor.

Comment

thats cool...i love m10's fools on this board talk a lot of shit about them ...but they are my fav. i would like to have an s14 though...
        steve over at tep has been my bud for years...he knows his shit

my 318i is killin me right now
        something is out just enough to rob my power....ill be chasing gremlins trying to get ready for bimmerfest this sat
        Last edited by gone002; 05-11-2011, 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

ARRRRRGGGG!!!! I 'm selling my brand new TEP header!! Just bought it 2 weeks ago and then got an M42 an hour later!! If anybody else wants, $175 SHIPPED, brand new, with Victor Reinz gasket, O2 bung!!
          Also brand new Sachs clutch kit, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, alignment tool!! 175 shipped!! Brand NEW!!
          Package price for both 325 SHIPPED!! Conti US
          407. four six three 0 3 one two
          Chris Leone
          chrisleonemotorsports.com
          rollcages and fabrication
          Remember cross threading is the only thing stronger than loctite!!

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed with the header i got. I was told that it would touch anywhere ti shouldn't and it does. the welds are interfering with the nuts and studs. having to file them down myself. had to have my exhaust build around the fact that they angled the collector wrong, it was pointing up towards the underside of the car. had to have an angle cut to cake everything fit right. will be calling to talk to someone about this tomorrow. i was expecting a bit more though.

Comment

Originally posted by dankz318i View Post
              I'm a bit disappointed with the header i got. I was told that it would touch anywhere ti shouldn't and it does. the welds are interfering with the nuts and studs. having to file them down myself. had to have my exhaust build around the fact that they angled the collector wrong, it was pointing up towards the underside of the car. had to have an angle cut to cake everything fit right. will be calling to talk to someone about this tomorrow. i was expecting a bit more though.
              did you get one for tep?
              bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

^^^ sure did ^^^

Comment

aside from the weld thing...i did have to make some changes to get it to fit...but i built my exhaust from scratch so maybe these isssues were not as big a problem for me...my main concern was ground clearance and i get that no problems...maybe ill climb under and take some pics for you...but now i want to switch to v band clamps
                  bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

looks cool stainless is the way to go...ask if its made in china...jethotting mine made the price about the same
                    bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not sure if anyone is still linked to this thread but I managed to find a header on CL in my area for $200 for the 318i. Thought it was a good deal, solid stainless from top speed performance. Glad I went that route though, even though it was supposedly car specific I still had to do a bunch of bending and flattening to clear the Trans housing, sway bar, Trans cross member, and engine mount. Then I had to make my own ox bung setup. So beware when you buy one, even if it is car/model specific. I will post pics soon. I should have it finished on Monday or Tuesday. I'll let you know how it works out when finished.
                      sigpic
                      85 swartz/metallic 325E
                      84 alpine 325E
                      85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                      84 Bronzit 318i/sold
                      purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

stainless?!!??! dam!! want to see pics!!!!!
                        bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Ok, here the pics. you can see in the pics what I was meaning by the fact that I had to flatten out the header.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          85 swartz/metallic 325E
                          84 alpine 325E
                          85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                          84 Bronzit 318i/sold
                          purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Any updates on how the header from top speed performance turned out?

Comment

Mine from TEP fits fine, but I have a custom motor mount. Also, it sits too far down, so if you are low, it will scrape/crush your collector and bottom pair of primaries
                              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Working...
                              X