Blown Head Gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown Head Gasket?

A while ago I was running my car pretty hard. Ran first gear till the fuel cut off a few times in one day. The next day I was spewing clouds of white smoke out from the exhaust, and car wouldn't hold idle on cold start. So I adjusted the icv, and got the idle to about 900-1000 rpm. After I did so the exhaust stopped spewing white smoke, and my car started running normal like nothing happened.

After which I did an oil change and flushed the radiator. Now when I sit in idle for an extended period lets say like in traffic the engine temps start to rise to dangerous levels. However, when I start driving engine temps drop down to normal.

I checked for any leaks, and only found a small amount of fluid dripping out of the radiator overflow. I checked the oil, and there's no coolant in the engine. Vis versa for the radiator I found no oil mixing with the coolant.

Any Ideas?

Spark Notes:
    Ran hard = white smoke from exhaust/hard idle on cold start
    Tinkered w/ the ICV, and all went back to normal (as in no more smoke)
    Changed all fluids (oil/radiator)
    Now overheats in extended idle. (traffic)
    Engine temps drops down to normal when driving
    No leaks except overflow from radiator.
    No fluids mixing in oil or radiator.
    ANY IDEAS?!

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

fan clutch , and white smoke idk, i just did my head gasket and now i get white smoke on start up and feels like Ive lots some top end power but could a leak , i had to d/c my cold start ( i broke the T fitting)

Comment

Yea i definitely feel like I lost some power on the top end. Feels like my power band craps out at 5k. Just changed my fan clutch a while ago. Maybe my water pump took a crap on me, but it doesn't leak or anything.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        Yea i definitely feel like I lost some power on the top end. Feels like my power band craps out at 5k. Just changed my fan clutch a while ago. Maybe my water pump took a crap on me, but it doesn't leak or anything.
        no not the water pump, idk lol , eng sawp time, i wanna do the same maybe just a b25 or m30

Comment

I got some gremlins.... Jsut started my car up like 10 mins ago, and got some thin white smoke spewing out. Looked under the hood and my afm elbow was loose. Tightened the clamp, now its good as new. Agian. lol.

Anyways what u up to Ben?

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
            I got some gremlins.... Jsut started my car up like 10 mins ago, and got some thin white smoke spewing out. Looked under the hood and my afm elbow was loose. Tightened the clamp, now its good as new. Agian. lol.

Anyways what u up to Ben?
            really it was the afm? nm man just did my head gasket and the car fels weaker, like as if it chokes up top. I know i have a breather leak and a exhaust manifold leak. I put new intake gasket set , new head bolts.. one good thing.. I didnt spend tomuch money maybe like 150 for everything. Im really to say fuk the b27 and just drop in a b25 or something of that nature ...

Comment

Working...
            X