Broke a rotor button. Cause? Fix? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke a rotor button. Cause? Fix? Why?

sticky 1/4 mile track hooked so good i nearly broke two rotors. jumped timing so bad it backfired though the intake.

here's a photo from my cell phone:

so my question is, why the rotor button of all things? Anyone else have this happen?
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Jeans car was doing that same thing on hard corners, the distributor cap was contacting the battery when the motor leaned over ( same direction as the motor would go on a hard launch ) Slide your battery as far away as you can get from the distributor and make sure that bitch is locked down. If it continues you may need to beef up that motor mount on the passenger side ( replace the damn thing, they get soft when oil soaked ).

Comment

Good thinking. The only other thing I could think of is the torque and alignment against the distributor threw it off and it slammed into the side of the cap.

MSnS soon so I won't have to worry about this stone age shit anymore... :D
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
        Good thinking. The only other thing I could think of is the torque and alignment against the distributor threw it off and it slammed into the side of the cap.

MSnS soon so I won't have to worry about this stone age shit anymore... :D

oh no shit...
        mine did the same thing
        i ended up with two bent valves...
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X