84 318i smog fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 318i smog fail

so i have a 84 318i that failed the smog test ok. the CO levels where high and i asked why and the guys at the shop said that there's more fuel then there should be and that my car might be misfiring to. so what would make that happen i have a new cap and new wires for plugs and new spark plugs. also he said it might be running lean. i would assume that's got to do with a O2 censer. can someone kinda explain to me how that works i am not a 100% shore on how that works

Had a similar problem when I failed smog. My m10 was a 3x gross polluter.

What gas are u running? When I failed smog I was running on 87 pump fuel junk the cheapest of the cheap.

I would change out the o2 sensor & try running on a tank of 91. By just running better fuel I passed with flying colors. Hoped this helps

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post

What gas are u running? When I failed smog I was running on 87 pump fuel junk the cheapest of the cheap.

I would change out the o2 sensor & try running on a tank of 91. By just running better fuel I passed with flying colors. Hoped this helps

+1
      for sure change your o2 sensor...i need to do that before going to smog it since i know for a fact i have a bad sensor...i will also try better fuel :D

Comment

The guys at the smog shops where like dude your shit is hella bad you should get a new car. i was like NO!!!! way e30 all the way lol. I just got a new o2 censer and thanks for the heads up with the 91oc. you know the first test i fail badly and then a budy told me about this stuff called (guarantee to pass) ( yes that's what its called ) i followed the directions and you know it drop all my numbers by more then 50% from the first test i was very impressed by that a lot. so i think ill buy anther bottle.

Comment

By just running better fuel I passed with flying colors. Hoped this helps
          By just that I got like 10 more bhp at the rolling road man! :-D:-D:-D
          N.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
          It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
          you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
          X