84' 318i m10. advice please. *NOOB*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84' 318i m10. advice please. *NOOB*

long story short. i bought a rust bucket. anyone want to chime in on where to go from here. i have a complete head gasket kit (includes exhaust/intake manifold/starter/valve cover..) from bavauto in the back seat. with a oil pan gasket kit back ordered. here are some pictures to what i have run into. anything else i'm missing. i'm replacing the heater core return pipe that runs along the block. new radiator. new rubber hoses everywhere. new electrical wires. new freeze plugs. new throttle body assembly. everyone knows i've been bugging them about a new wiring harness. any good flush that is proven? i don't want to flush that system into a new radiator. pointless.

i'm not considering leaving the m10 platform. love the simplicity. thanks from GA. any advice welcome.

yeah they're big..
    freeze plug rusted completely through on exhaust side.

need parts.. i know someone has an m10 laying around that's not so rusty.

318i are nice. no abs, no p/w. the sucky about it is the rear drum.i might get a 318i m10 when i get my tax refund. m10 are pretty cheap, you'll find one in no time.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I would not spend a dime on that POS m10...they are not rare, get a clean up if you want to stay with it and rebuild it/drop it in.

That shit is nasty...
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

WTF?!? So much rust in such a little car!
        N.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
        It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
        you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

That is one hell of a money pit shit if you were close by is sell you my extra m10 for cheap because the one you have is nasty
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
            318i are nice. no abs, no p/w. the sucky about it is the rear drum.i might get a 318i m10 when i get my tax refund. m10 are pretty cheap, you'll find one in no time.
            My 318i has power windows
            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
              Yeah mine has p/w to.

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              I would not spend a dime on that POS m10...they are not rare, get a clean up if you want to stay with it and rebuild it/drop it in.

That shit is nasty...
              Yeah I would just do a rebuild and start all over fresh, on that engine. Yikes that is nasty looking.
              sigpic
              85 swartz/metallic 325E
              84 alpine 325E
              85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
              84 Bronzit 318i/sold
              purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Working...
              X