Injector upgrades, Help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector upgrades, Help plz

OK, got the wiring harness out of the race car, and the engine ready to come out. I had a couple of the plastic plugs on the injectors brake. When the engine is out and getting freshened, I am looking at the Injectors

question 1) Is there replacement electrical plugs for the injectors?

Question 2) if considering an upgrade, what is my best option? get the stock ones cleaned and checked, (car has been sitting and only sees the track) or is there an upgrade that can be easily done before spending any cash on the stock m10 injectors

Question 3) Does the computer only use the O2/TPS/MAF/CTS to fire the injectors?

thanks, Car is an 84 318i M10 with J-tronic (its been a long day, maybe Jettronic) fuel injection computer

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Yes, there are replacement clips for your injectors, I believe they are around $20 each or so.
    As for all the other information, I don't know
    85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Well I have M52 injectors that I'm trying to get info, on whether or not they will work. The research I have done so far. The stock m10 injectors are 14.8lb, where the the stock m52 injectors are 18lb, everything so far seems to be the same. I'm going to be doing a trial run in the morning when I do the swap, I'll let you know how it goes.
      sigpic
      85 swartz/metallic 325E
      84 alpine 325E
      85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
      84 Bronzit 318i/sold
      purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

most bosch top feed injectors will work if you want to swap them out. Obviously you need to match the flow rate or use SAFC or similar.
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

also would like to know what other injectors may work with the m10 because my injectors are garbage
          sigpic

Comment

I have a set of injectors from a Volvo XC90...They are I believe 32 lb/hr, so after I rebuild my suspension, MS will be in the works, along with some other bits for a slight power upgrade. If this thread is still around when I get that far...I'll make sure to post if they worked out alright or not, haha.
            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Working...
            X