best exhaust piping size for m10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best exhaust piping size for m10?

I'm sure this has been covered quite a few times, but I can't seem to find to much on it. I have a 2.5 straight pipe setup from my e24 that I want to put on, but is that gonna be to big of a piping size for a stock m10? Or is it better to to go with 2 or 2.25? Thanks guys
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

I too am intrested in this. also does the stock M10 need a lil backpressure from a muffler set up, or will it preform ok with a flow thru or straight pipe (yes I know its loud, but no louder then the straight piped rabbits 2.3 mustangs and 2.5 daytonas on the track as well)

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

I wouldn't go anymore than 2.25, and that's larger than stock.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I don't mind it being loud, I like loud cars, and its a track/street car anyway. As far as back pressure goes should at least run a resonator or glasspack?
        84 318i drift car
        04 mk4 gti 1.8t
        96 e320
        63 plymouth valiant

Comment

2.5" is too big, period. With that large of an exhaust diameter with an old and tired 318 you will lose all low range drivability and inevitably lose power. With a "track/street car" I doubt you will be wide open at all times of operation.

P

Comment

Originally posted by 401e30 View Post
            2.5" is too big, period. With that large of an exhaust diameter with an old and tired 318 you will lose all low range drivability and inevitably lose power. With a "track/street car" I doubt you will be wide open at all times of operation.

P
            i have two glass packs laying around that are the same diameter as stock, if i put one in place of the cat and and the other in place of the muffler will i see any gain at all or will it just be sound?
            84 318i drift car
            04 mk4 gti 1.8t
            96 e320
            63 plymouth valiant

Comment

Working...
            X