Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of potential does my M10B18 have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    Don't tell this guy not to boost with an aggressive cam, he recommends 304 and up. I believe he is on his own custom grind now but was using a 328/328 100 degrees LSA with serious power output.

800 HP out of an M10, there are some vids in the thread.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...sc/highlight,/
    That is a really awesome build. Is the owner on r3v?

Also, when i read "aggressive cam" I immediately, and without reasonable cause, assumed Holland meant long duration, and overlap, which traditionally has been a bad deal for boost.
    971-295-7077

91' 318i

Comment

I'm gonna use a 290 stock regrind in my turbo build. Due to the lack of funds to get a custom grind. So I figure it would be the lesser of 2 evils when compared with a high duration Schrick billet, which is all that is really available here.

Comment

Originally posted by 401e30 View Post
        my man unless your 318 is built, the only Honda's you'll be laying waste on are D15 nonVTEC Civics

maybe

P
        my 318 wasnt built and i would wax hondas all day bro even when my vtak was broken
        sigpic
        ^Back in the game^
        BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
        FS thread:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
          my 318 wasnt built and i would wax hondas all day bro even when my vtak was broken
          I don't believe you.

P

Comment

Yeah, my m10 couldn't wax much of anything. It was fun in the corners though. We will see if my new setup that's in the mix will help with anything.
            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

So I have got a question. I'm looking to buy a cam here very soon, and remember reading that the cam/distributor of the 2002 spin the opposite direction of the 318i. Does that mean I have to find a cam specific to the 318i? Or have my reground? Also, does anyone happen to know how the stock L-Jet will handle a bump in displacement/compression/cam?

Comment

you will need a 318 specific cam, unless you can get a hold of a 2002 dizzy.

I am unsure about management... lol good luck
                '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Not a B18 but....

Kevin Wenzel took this years Solo FSP national championship with a 2002 M10.

Here's a vid. from a couple of years ago ... watch out for the 43sec. mark.
                  out-of-car video from a Colorado Region SCCA autocross at World Arena, with a bit of two wheeling toward the end.

The car as it sits today.
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
                    Lies a stock m10 is shit slow
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                      Originally Posted by bloodshot-e30
                      Lies a stock m10 is shit slow
                      Maybe he meant he works at a body shop, and detailed the outside of Hondas all day? I agree, stock m10's ARE slow.

Comment

Originally posted by harv View Post

John
                        :up:
                        ?

Comment

^----I agree with that. Beautiful engine and ITB's. But...please throw that transmission in the parts washer!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            As far as M10 NA potential, Paul Burke built one in 06-07 that did 321BHP on alcohol and 290BHP on gasoline. I think it was under 2 liters as well (for a specific racing class) I haven't seen better than that yet.

would love to know more about this thing
                            [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                            Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

http://m10racer.com/Turbo.aspx
                              One Turbo Build

Good & Tight's build from bimmerforums.com ~360hp

With enough work put into it, it can reach 1500 hp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M10

Comment

Working...
                              X