Headgasket??? FML...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headgasket??? FML...

okay. So I will state right off I think I have a head gasket problem. The car drinks coolant pretty much all the time, and I have white oily sludge at the valve train and on the cap. I get a little out of the oil when I change it, but not much. I also dont have any smoke or anything coming out of the exhaust, and the car runs perfect and has good compression. What do you all think. I am thinking change the Headgasket, and also do the water pump thermostat, and the timing chain? any thoughts?

Get the head checked for cracks while it's off. If you really are getting coolant in the oil, stop driving the car. Coolant is not a good lubricant.

Comment

yeah its parked now.. I need to get a manual so I can start pulling shit apart.

Comment

I wonder if I should just go ahead and redo the head while I am at it, but then I guess I would need to rebuild the bottom end also... pull the motor?? possibly...

Comment

Alright I am just going to do the Headgasket. Sorry I change my mind alot. I am thinking about changing the waterpump, thermostat and all of the sensors along with the timing chain. does this sound like a solid plan?

Comment

Working...
          X