Awesome solution for your ICV delete cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome solution for your ICV delete cap

Hey all - I deleted my ICV in my '84 318i after repeated idle issues with multiple ICVs. However, when I capped off my intake port, I used a cap from my local auto parts store. These caps work fine for a few months, but break down easily from the heat - you've seen them before, all crumbly and useless. One time I started my car and it sounded like a handgun going off - the bottom of my cap separated from the rest of it and shot off my intake!

I did a lot of searching and found some good looking (aka not red) high temperature caps that will last muuuuuuch longer than the standard rubber one. These caps are vinyl and can withstand sustained temperatures of 475 degrees! Those crap rubber ones can't touch that. Plus the cap looks clean under the bay! (Unlike the rest of my M10...)

Check out some pics of the cap on my car:

Well, I ordered these caps from a place online and couldn't buy just one, of course. So if you'd like one (or more) of the caps that I ordered, just PM me and I'll get one sent out to you for $5 each - mostly covering postage and the envelope. Plus that's roughly the same cost as buying a junk cap from the auto parts store.

They shrink in the cold (tell me about it) so heat it up a little before you put it on your car. Heat gun is overkill, just run it under some hot water, dry it, then press it on. Done!

Good luck!

EDIT: If you've purchased a cap (or anything else) from me, please post your feedback here. Thank you!
    Last edited by vandy; 11-10-2015, 05:01 PM.

you can also remove the cold start injector and put a plate with silicone over the hole.
    car will just fire rough for a minute on cold winter mornings

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Smelser View Post
      you can also remove the cold start injector and put a plate with silicone over the hole.
      car will just fire rough for a minute on cold winter mornings
      I'm aware - however I found that solution less desirable since 1) I don't have any alloy or sheet metal to make a plate, 2) I don't really want to put silicone around my intake without a gasket, 3) I like the functionality of the cold start injector in the winter, as this car usually fulfills the role of a beater with a heater, 4) installing the cap was significantly less time consuming than fabbing a plate and 5) it was probably cheaper this way anyways.

Comment

I got mine and installed it. Looks clean, +10hp :)

Comment

Originally posted by Acet View Post
          I got mine and installed it. Looks clean, +10hp :)
          Thanks for posting! Glad you like it. I've still got plenty of caps for others!

Comment

Vandy, How did you route the rest of the hoses after the delete on the manifold side? Will I still be using the rest of the hoses? Please post details and pics
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tico Frank View Post
              Vandy, How did you route the rest of the hoses after the delete on the manifold side? Will I still be using the rest of the hoses? Please post details and pics
              Hi Tico - I trust that you got your cap? Take the vacuum line from the manifold and couple it with the similarly-sized hose coming from the end of the ICV. Here's a potato quality photo of this in my car:

Maybe others who have done this recently can chime in also?

Still have plenty of caps ready to ship out too!

Comment

Vinyl cap still going strong!

Comment

anymore caps?

Comment

Yes I've got lots still - PM me your PayPal or Square Cash name and I'll send you an invoice for five bucks

Please excuse grammatical errors - Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

PM you my paypal info. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vandy View Post
                        Yes I've got lots still - PM me your PayPal or Square Cash name and I'll send you an invoice for five bucks

Please excuse grammatical errors - Sent using Tapatalk
                        Never got the invoice....

Comment

Sorry, you posted in my profile and didn't send a PM. I'll invoice now.

Comment

Orders have been sent out recently, let me know if you want in for the next batch! PM me your email address and I will send an invoice.

Comment

Working...
                            X