Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318 Parts and 318 Drivetrain to my 02'

Hey guys,

Here is my plan and have some questions. I plan to take the drivetrain and place it into my 74 02. I looked everything over and overall looks like a pretty easy swap. The original plan was to place my spare s14 motor in it but I have a complete running 318 that I can set beside the 02 while I do the swap for reference etc..

Has anyone seen this done or am I crazy. On the plus side I will have a complete (very very clean) interior and of course all the other good for sale from the 318.

Let me know what you think, I am going to put some ideas out there on the bimmerforums 02 section as well.

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
    R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

im assuming this is an m42 we're talking about. If so..its been done!

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

sound like a good plan..

I have some friends swapping the drivetrain from a porche 924 turbo (already built and stroked and a huge ass turbo) into an old mini cooper shell..mini size, porche handling, wheelie bars....when he gets done ill post some wheelie pics :-)
      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

if it's an M10 it will bolt right in. Run megasquirt.

Comment

It is a M42, Dude8383 thanks for the link but the right up makes it appear it is a huge effort. I do not see why the floor would need to be cut.

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
          R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Out of all the swaps, m20, s14, m44, i think the common consensus is that the m44 takes by far the most amount of custom fab work.

whats your reason for not dropping the s14 in?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen
              Out of all the swaps, m20, s14, m44, i think the common consensus is that the m44 takes by far the most amount of custom fab work.

whats your reason for not dropping the s14 in?
              I would assume money reasons. It would cost like 10 grand to do an s14 swap properly.

Comment

10 grand? Not even close. Show me how you get to 10 grand.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

i spoke to a shop that did the swap over here. they said it was a pain in the arse, and that they wouldnt want to do it again, even if they were paid again.
                  sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Working...
                  X