Flipped Manifold for Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice build!
    At the moment im converting my stock L-jettronic to turbo and megasquirt. What are you using for idle control and what sensors are you using to for your megasquirt?

Comment

Originally posted by rijlaab View Post
      Nice build!
      At the moment im converting my stock L-jettronic to turbo and megasquirt. What are you using for idle control and what sensors are you using to for your megasquirt?
      I am using a bosch 3 wire IAC from a 325i.

I am using a EDIS 36-1 wheel and VR sensor for crank, Nissan VG30 TPS sensor, cherry hall sensor from DIY autotune for cam(installing soon), GM open air IAT sensor, and factory coolant sensor. I am using the regular 3 bar MAP sensor from megasquirt.

Wideband is a Bosch LSU 4.2 driven on a 14point7 SLC DIY1. I will eventually move to a spartan and possibly do EGTs, but that's down the road.

For other items, I am using ebay pressure transducers for oil and fuel, and a GM sensor for oil temperature--it came off a saturn and is 1/8" NPT. My flex fuel/ethanol sensor is a continental sensor from GM, it came out of an impala in the junkyard. I am using the factory reed switch/diff sensor for speed, and factory float for fuel level.
      '84 318i M10B18 | 93whp/90ftlbs | 147- Safari Beige | MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
        I am using a bosch 3 wire IAC from a 325i.

I am using a EDIS 36-1 wheel and VR sensor for crank, Nissan VG30 TPS sensor, cherry hall sensor from DIY autotune for cam(installing soon), GM open air IAT sensor, and factory coolant sensor. I am using the regular 3 bar MAP sensor from megasquirt.

Wideband is a Bosch LSU 4.2 driven on a 14point7 SLC DIY1. I will eventually move to a spartan and possibly do EGTs, but that's down the road.

For other items, I am using ebay pressure transducers for oil and fuel, and a GM sensor for oil temperature--it came off a saturn and is 1/8" NPT. My flex fuel/ethanol sensor is a continental sensor from GM, it came out of an impala in the junkyard. I am using the factory reed switch/diff sensor for speed, and factory float for fuel level.
        Thanks man! Is the Nissan tps a direct fit? I AM looking for clean fit parts making IT look like IT should be there ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rijlaab View Post
          Thanks man! Is the Nissan tps a direct fit? I AM looking for clean fit parts making IT look like IT should be there ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk
          Unfortunately not. I am using a plate adapter from 02again in southern California.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
            Unfortunately not. I am using a plate adapter from 02again in southern California.
            I see, i dont live very close to Southern California so will be making something myself then! Thanks for the info!

Comment

As is probably a surprise to no one, I melted The cyl 1 plug wire. Luckily the EDIS coil allowed me to buy a set of 8 wires for $15.

More issues with the fuel regulatoróbut hopefully I can get the car tuned a bit better before another thing breaks
              Attached Files

Comment

I did the flip mani on my m10 turbo had it like that for a week n then I pulled it off. Car kept killing no1 plug and everytime I had to remove the turbo n mani to change the plug. To be honest not at all worth the trouble

Comment

Working...
                X