M10 motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 motor mounts

So I was under the car yesterday checking on something and noticed that the right motor mount was almost bottomed out. They are @ 3-4 years old and show no sign of deterioration. Left side looks good.
    Is it normal to kill the right side first? I'm ordering a new mount tomorrow.

Anyone ever fill the void of the mount with polyurethane? Just thinking that might make it last longer and stiffen it up too.

Thoughts?

ummm dork, did you realize that the motor leans to the right? and there are more stresses on the right side mount?

Comment

Uh, yeah, I was asking the obvious.Dork? Is that all you got?

Comment

Originally posted by peete View Post
        Uh, yeah, I was asking the obvious.Dork? Is that all you got?
        You guys are great for laughs.

The last few years have shown that just about all the new rubber parts (motor mounts specific in this case) are not as good as they used to be. Many are now manufactured by non-original OEM suppliers that are trying to be competitive in a global market and economy. So unfortunately even a new mount may last only a few years. HTH

Comment

You should just get both, there is just more weight on the right side is what they were trying to say. They are hella cheap, I think like 15-20 a set. Why not change both while you are in there if indeed they are bad?

GL

Comment

I ended up getting both, filling them and installing them. So far so good. Definitely less engine movement now.

Comment

Working...
            X