Spark plug wire. White powder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug wire. White powder!

I've noticed that my no.6 Wire end (where connect to SP) is covered with white powder similar to the one sometimes found on car battery terminal!
    Is the wire doomed or just oxidation and ok to clean and reuse?

If it's oxidized you probably have a poor seal over the plug, but you can certainly clean and reuse it if it passes a basic resistance test.

It might also be worthwhile to compare that spark plug to another in case you have an ignition fault.

Comment

Thank you for ur help.Wire Boot looks good by looking at it .Maybe no6 is always wears first due to its location (more heat). I will check resistance. Do you know how much is good Ω since this wire has the feedback wire to ecu it must have higher Ω. Right?

Comment

Update: That Wire failed the Ω test only shows continuity when wiggled at the end also another wire (no.3) failed the test i spent 3 hours trying to open and recrimp i managed to fix (not guaranteed) since the problem only at the end connection wire body is intact.I used to rebuild wires on old American and Japanese cars but not BMWs. I found a set that has no.5 and swapped it with my no.5 old set.
        Problem FIXED.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
          X