1986 BMW 325e Rough Idle and No acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 BMW 325e Rough Idle and No acceleration

Hey guys, recently I removed the intake manifold and and valve covers to do gaskets and vacuum lines on the car. I also replaced most of my fuel lines. I put everything back together and the car starts but it idles really rough and if I put it in gear and accelerate it sputters and eventually dies. I replace the AFM with a known working unit. I checked and adjusted the TPS. The ICV is clean and you can hear it hum on idle. If I unplug the AFM the idles smooths out. If I unplug the fuel pump relay while the car is running, the idle smooths out as well. Is this normal? I have not changed the FPR. There was an intake leak due to the "bitch tube" not seating right but I fixed that and confirmed it's not leaking from there anymore. I no longer have vacuum leaks. I don't know what to do anymore lol. Thanks!

Was the car running correctly before you removed the intake and valve cover?

"unplug the fuel pump relay while the car is running, the idle smooths out" That is strange, are you sure you are removing the fuel pump relay? I would expect the pump to turn off???

Did you mark your injector harness connectors before removal? Is there a chance you reversed one or more injector connectors?

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge. Possible that you have the fuel filter in backwards? Reversed one of the fuel lines?
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

tomstin Dude I ended up fixing it like a day after this post and never saw your reply lol. Yeah I'm a total idiot and got two connections on the harness mixed up. It wasn't the injectors tho it was the one that plugs into the thermostat housing and another one that goes somewhere else. Thanks for the reply and this just goes to show to pay attention where you disconnected each thing from!

Comment

Working...
      X